Motivation and enthusiasm is manifested through your desire and interest and becomes a driving force that pushes you to take action and pursue goals. However, it often happens that you have the desire and interest, but you lack the motivation. This is a frustrating situation since you have goals and objectives that you would like to accomplish but cannot get enough inner strength and motivation to act.
Short spurts of enthusiasm or motivation are not enough to accomplish anything of value. You need to keep your desire and inner flame alive and focused on your goal. So what can you do about it? Here are a few tips:
- Devote 10 minutes a day to reading and thinking about the benefits of what you want to do or accomplish.
- Every day read about people who achieved success by being consistent and persistent.
- Every day, find a quiet place and for several minutes visualize yourself acting with enthusiasm and motivation.
- Every success requires dedication, time, perseverance, and tenacity. Do not give up quickly.
- Keep repeating affirmations that empower you and inflame your enthusiasm and motivation.
- Never consider what you are doing as drudgery. Choose a mindset and attitude that you will enjoy the tasks at hand. If need be, tweak the process a little and make a few changes, and you can turn it into a pleasurable activity.
- Once you decide about anything, go on with it, even after you lose enthusiasm and desire. Don’t give up even if what you are doing seems to be a burden and drudgery. Don’t give up even if you feel bored.