Wisdom-Trek / Creating a Legacy
Welcome to Day 1079 of our Wisdom-Trek, and thank you for joining me.
This is Guthrie Chamberlain, Your Guide to Wisdom
God Causes Everything to Work Together – Meditation Monday
Wisdom – the final frontier to true knowledge. Welcome to Wisdom-Trek where our mission is to create a legacy of wisdom, to seek out discernment and insights, and to boldly grow where few have chosen to grow before.
Hello, my friend, I am Guthrie Chamberlain, your captain on our journey to increase wisdom and create a living legacy. Thank you for joining us today as we explore wisdom on our 2nd millennium of podcasts. This is Day 1079 of our trek, and it is time for Meditation Monday. Taking time to relax, refocus, and reprioritize our lives is crucial in order to create a living legacy.
For you, it may just be time alone for quiet reflection. You may utilize structured meditation practices. In my life meditation includes reading and reflecting on God’s Word and praying. It is a time to renew my mind, refocus on what is most important, and make sure that I am nurturing my soul, mind, and body. As you come along with me on our trek each Meditation Monday, it is my hope and prayer that you too will experience a time for reflection and renewing of your mind.
We have our own concept of what may be best for us, but God who is outside of our limited time space knows for sure and has His purpose in mind. In our Meditation Monday today I want us to reflect on…
God Causes Everything to Work Together
Romans [8:28] is one of the most frequently misused verses both within the family of believers and outside. You frequently hear that “everything works together for good.” For most of us it is a coping mechanism for when events or circumstances happen that we do not particularly understand or like. As Christians, we may not always know or understand why certain events happen, but we can know that God is ultimately in control.
Let me read this verse Romans 8:28, “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”
We know…There are so many things we do not know. We do not know if the economy will dip or if our team will win. We do not know what our spouse is thinking or how our kids will turn out. We don’t even know “what we ought to pray” as Romans 8:6 tells us, “And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.”
But according to Paul in his letter to the church in Rome, we can be absolutely certain about four things. We know…
- God causes everything to work together. God is busy behind the scenes, above the fray, within the fury. He hasn’t checked out or moved on. He is ceaseless and tireless. He never stops working.
- God causes everything to work together for the good. Not for our comfort or pleasure or entertainment, but for our ultimate good. Since he is the ultimate good, would we expect anything less?
- God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God. Observe the benefit of loving God! Make his story your story, and your story takes on a happy ending. Guaranteed. Being the author of our salvation, he writes a salvation theme into our biography.
- God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. We are called according to His purpose, not ours. This concept is taken from the Greek word Panta, which is the root for words like “panoramic” or “panacea” or “pandemic.” In other words, “All-inclusive.” God works, not through a few things or through the good things, best things, or easy things. But “God causes everything to work together.” God works.
That is a wrap for today’s meditation, next week we will continue our trek on Meditation Monday as we take time to reflect on what is most important in creating our living legacy. On tomorrow’s trek, we will explore another wisdom quote. This 3-minute wisdom supplement will assist you in becoming healthy, wealthy, and wise each day. Thank you for joining me on this trek called life. Encourage your friends and family to join us and then come along tomorrow for another day of our Wisdom-Trek, Creating a Legacy.
If you would like to listen to any of the past 1078 daily treks or read the daily journal, they are available at Wisdom-Trek.com. I encourage you to subscribe to Wisdom-Trek on your favorite podcast player so each day will be downloaded to you automatically.
Thank you for allowing me to be your guide, mentor, and most importantly, your friend as I serve you through the Wisdom-Trek podcast and journal.
As we take this trek together, let us always:
- Live Abundantly (Fully)
- Love Unconditionally
- Listen Intentionally
- Learn Continuously
- Lend to others Generously
- Lead with Integrity
- Leave a Living Legacy Each Day
I am Guthrie Chamberlain reminding you to Keep Moving Forward, Enjoy Your Journey, and Create a Great Day Everyday! See you tomorrow!