Wisdom-Trek / Creating a Legacy
Welcome to Day 1037 of our Wisdom-Trek, and thank you for joining me.
This is Guthrie Chamberlain, Your Guide to Wisdom
A Professional’s Skills – Humor Unplugged
Wisdom – the final frontier to true knowledge. Welcome to Wisdom-Trek where our mission is to create a legacy of wisdom, to seek out discernment and insights, and to boldly grow where few have chosen to grow before.
Hello, my friend, I am Guthrie Chamberlain, your captain on our journey to increase Wisdom and Create a Living Legacy. Thank you for joining us today as we explore wisdom on our 2nd millennium of podcasts. This is Day 1037 of our trek, and it is time for a 3-minute mini-trek called Humor Unplugged. Our Thursday podcast will provide a short and clean funny story to help you lighten up and live a rich and satisfying life – something to cheer you and provide a bit a levity in your life.
We are told in Proverbs 15:30, “A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; good news makes for good health.” We are also encouraged in Proverbs 17:22, “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.” Consider this your vitamin supplement of cheer for today. So let’s jump right in with today’s funny which is titled…
A Professional’s Skills
We all have the tendency to rely on professionals when we feel that we are not qualified enough in a certain area of life. Quite often we don’t understand the true mastery certain professionals bring to our lives. In today’s humor nugget I will share with you the skill set of 12 different professionals.
- A programmer is someone who solves a problem you didn’t know you had in a way you don’t understand.
- An auditor is someone who arrives after the battle and bayonets all the wounded.
- A banker is someone who lends you their umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
- An economist is someone who is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday did not happen today.
- A statistician is someone who is good with numbers but lacks the personality to be an accountant.
- A mathematician is someone who is a blind person in a dark room looking for a black cat that is not there.
- A lawyer is someone who writes a 10,000-word document and calls it a “brief.”
- A psychologist is someone who watches everyone else when a beautiful girl enters the room.
- A pastor is someone who tells you how much God loves you while making you feel wretched.
- A professor is someone who talks in someone else’s sleep.
- A consultant is someone who takes the watch off your wrist and tells you the time.
- A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to Antarctica in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.
What type of professional are you? I hope these humorous nuggets put a smile on your face for today.
Our good worker verse for today is 2 Timothy 2:15,“Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.”
As you enjoy these nuggets of humor, please encourage your friends and family to join us and then come along tomorrow for another day of our Wisdom-Trek, Creating a Legacy.If you would like to listen to any of our past 1036 treks or read the Wisdom Journal, they are all available at Wisdom-Trek.com. I encourage you to subscribe to Wisdom-Trek on your favorite podcast player so each day will be downloaded to you automatically.
Thank you for allowing me to be your guide, mentor, and most importantly your friend as I serve you through the Wisdom-Trek podcast and journal each day.
As we take this trek together, let us always:
- Live Abundantly (Fully)
- Love Unconditionally
- Listen Intentionally
- Learn Continuously
- Lend to others Generously
- Lead with Integrity
- Leave a Living Legacy Each Day
I am Guthrie Chamberlain reminding you to Keep Moving Forward, Enjoy Your Journey, and Create a Great Day Everyday! See you tomorrow for Philosophy Friday!